Fellow net/packet heads, I will soon provide my lab online for your use in
CCNA through CCIE studying. This lab also can be used for general OS,
development and protocols analysis research and studying.. This lab has
everything for the CCIE lab except the ATM and 3900 Token-Ring switching
components.

1.0 What is AMI LABs?

AMI LABS is a Data communications and general Computer Science laboratory
that is available for students and professionals to study various networking
and computer industry technologies. The lab consists of Cisco routers and
switches, AT&T, Nortel, Agilent, IBM and other vendors networking products.
The lab also contains various servers running Microsoft and Linux operating
systems. The lab provides a “SCRATCH PAD” environment for a student or
professional to learn new or sharpen existing skills plus provide a general
research environment. The lab grew out of AMI’s Cisco certification
requirements and can be used for your CCNA through CCIE preparation. The lab
can also help you prepare for Microsoft, Linux, and any other general
industry certification such as a security exam. The lab also lends itself
for testing hacking exploits on the operating system and protocol levels.

Here is what I am providing for an 8 hour block of time at a low fee.

Routers:

2501
2503
2504
2513
2509
2620  with voip and 4 serials + FA
2620 with voip 2 Serial and FA
4500 2 TR 4 serial and 2 Eth
AGS+ 2 Eth 4 TR and 14 Serial

All routers loaded to max memory and flash.

Switches
Cat 5550 with SupIII and NFFC II for MLS and Ether channeling
2924C-XL-EN
2924-XL

Blink2 ISDN emulation
Async routing and POTS access for POTS dial routings
T-1 CSU/DSU ( I am working on access to these so you can learn how to
configure AT&T CSU’s)

Full access via a Win2k terminal server to use applications like Cisco Works
and Cisco Secure as well as hacking and development tools. This server also
has the Blink management software to analyze and change the ISDN links to
your hearts desire.

Also, on this server is protocol analyzer(sniffer)software and a
multicasting server so you can trace and generate basic multicasting traffic
for your Cisco network. Also, you can originate your VOIP call via this
server for full VOIP testing over the Cisco router network and sniff at the
same time. The Win2k server has multiple interfaces (Token-Ring and Ethernet
) so you can test and trace the various CRB, IRB, SRB and SRTB
configurations. There will be other TR based Wink2 WS(available upon
request) for testing Netbios bridging scenarios..

There are other applications available on the Win2k server for your
educational purpose. The server has web access so you can download IOS
images and store your router configs. You can upgrade the routers and reboot
remotely as well.

This lab also offers full access to a Red Hat Linux 7.2 server complete with
all Red applications and development tools to learn Linux. Another Red hat
Linux router is also included for IP Chains and Tables testing and hacking..

TFTP/FTP servers are available on the Win and Linux boxes for your configs.
Full telnet access to all servers as well as terminal service access to the
Win2k server.

All of this is available via a VPN tunnel access kit provided once you sign
up.

I will be providing this service in the Fall once I take my first  CCIE lab,
regardless of pass or fail, in September.

I am looking for any feedback on improvements and interest in this community
to see if these components are helpful. I have been beta testing the lab to
some users and the response has been excellent. The speed of the VPN for the
telnet and terminal access was very good. The VPN clients used are ones
available from Win2k and Win98. So no additional software is requited…

Thanks….

/JS