Some people have been asking me about the hunt for "Peter Rosenthal" (sounds
like a Tom Clancy novel :-)..  If you recall last month someone posting as
"Peter Rosenthal" was making derogatory comments about various people on the
list, GroupStudy.com, and the CCIE Lab program itself.  From the beginning I
knew this was an alias and a coward was hiding behind the real address.  I am
working with AOL (where the majority of the e-mails were posted) to obtain
the
real name behind the sender.  While they are cooperative, there are a number
of legal steps I need to take in order to obtain the name.

But the sender did make a mistake allowing us to close in on the sender. On
May 2nd a Peter Rosenthal posting was made from the IP address 216.45.3.175
the CCIE Lab list. You can verify this by viewing the header of the e-mail.
If you do a whois from www.arin.net you will find the block is owned by
Network Learning Inc. NLI is unable to tell us who was using that IP address
as they do not keep those records - they did say a class was in session
during
that week. Since the posting was made from a Network Learning Inc. assigned
IP
address - it is reasonable to believe the poster had access to NLI's network.
It has to be someone who has access to Network Learning Inc's network and has
an AOL account.

I am just now gathering up the last bit of information for AOL.  We should
have an answer soon.

So that is currently where we stand.

Take care,

Paul