Would it be accurate to say that the XML switch is located at the
edges of the network, possibly even that it is an endsystem with
routing functions? Would there be XML switches in the core network?
Where would it be located in the following diagram?:

http://vedatel.com/Java/j2ee-web-services.jpg

For the benefit of others who may be investigating these web services
applications and switches, there is a good background whitepaper at:

http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=J2EE-vs-DOTNET

-- TT

Moffett, Ryan wrote:

> There are a number of vendors creating XML switches, see:
> http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2002/132046_04-29-2002.html.
>
> From my perspective, I think of these Content Aware Switches specializing
in
> XML.   These have some things in common with Cisco Content Service
Switches,