I am already ccnp and have another year before I expire but for personal
reason I took the new switching exam today. I passed it but I did not do
as well as I wanted and was suprised at the content of the exam, also they
have raised the bar of this exam it takes a 776 to pass or was that the
same as the old I do not remember.
Anyway without violating the NDA know your multicast, and know the new
equipment and where they fit into the design especially new equipment
which is not in the old switching book.2980
2948g-L3
And some other new equipment.
Also know RMON like the back of your hand. It is not good enough to just
know the groups anymore but you must also know how much memory each takes
up on the Sup Eng.
The old book might be good enough for you to pass but you will barely
pass. Especially if you get the exam I took. And I have experience with
all kinds of switching equiment and access to a lot of it like 8540's
6500's 3500XL's 2900's 1900's.
Good luck I do not think I have violated the NDA but if I have oops sorry.
I scored a 862.