Paulo Roque wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is necessary to encrypt the comunication that goes over frame-relay links
or
> the frame-relay virtual circuits (PVC/SVC)  mechanisms are secure enough to
> protect my data?

I think that this is pretty subjective.  What is the value of the data
that is transiting this link?  I always err on the side of caution when
it comes to data protection, esp. since a frame link isn't so fast that
the overhead of encryption would be a big deal.

As to the question of PVC/SVC security, the answer is two fold.  At
first blush, you realize that your data is going over public right
of way, so it is available for interception.  But when it comes down
to brass tacks, it isn't as easy to find your data among the millions
of other packets within the cloud.  Can it be done?  Yes.  Would an
attacker choose this as the best attack vector?  Probably not. Should
you still take steps to protect against the attack?  For sure.

-Ds