""Brunner Joseph""  wrote in message
> Yes I would use mlppp and ios in the same sentence, as I have been running
> it without a hitch on a 7200 for 6 months. also, you guys are missing his
> point (t-1's to the internet) what ISP is going to run
> OSPF or EIGRP with a customer ? please.

Well I'll put it to you this way.  I have a bunch of 7500's that have been
running CEF for years without a hitch.  On the other hand, I have also done
MPPP.  Yes, I agree, most of the time it works.  But you do get those
instances where .... this one time, at band camp.....

That's what I'm saying.  Both technologies are actually fairly stable.  But
in my experience, CEF is more stable.  That's not to say that MPPP will
always fall down every single time.  I didn't say that.  But in situations
like this, you would want to go with what offers you the most stability, if
possible.

> Maybe, if they managed the router, but he didnt say that.. its T-1's
> (very low bandwidth) even a 2600 can handle the CPU for a measily 3Mbps.
>
> If he was running high power DS-3's or something then yes CEF would be
> better, but keep in mind if it was say BGP, then it would be two peering
> sessions (memory and cpu hog thing happening) or 1 peering session to the
> loopbacks. (not bad). but for T-1 speeds MLPPP with your provider is the
way
> to go. Not to mention I dont have any funky 40/60 or 30/70 load balancing
> going on - pure 50/50 on 2 T-1's. Its very easy, seemless thing to do for
> layer 3.

On the other hand, you can get very very funky CPU spikes and router
reboots.  I'd rather have unequal balancing than to have those kinds of
things happening.