The CCNP Support exam has a big ISDN focus. I don't know if that will
change, but I don't think so.

I wouldn't say ISDN is used infrequently in the US. This gives me a chance
to tell everyone what I saw at the grocery store yesterday! I was so
thrilled. I couldn't wait to tell Group Study. ;-)

Now, Oregon is a bit different from the rest of the country, granted. But
we recycle a lot here. The grocery stores have these mammoth machines that
take glass bottles, plastic bottles of different sizes, cans, etc. Then
they spit a receipt back at you that you can refund at the store.

Our local Ablertson's grocery store is in the process of moving their
recycling machines inside. They used to be outside. This attracted homeless
people (oh no!), so they are moving them inside.

Anyway, to make a short story long, the machines have moved. But yesterday,
as I was grabbing my cart to go inside, what looked like a phone jack on
the outside wall where the machines used to be caught my eye. I had to go
check. It wasn't just a phone jack. It was an ISDN jack! It said ISDN BRI
and the SPID was printed on the jack.

It turns out that the owners of the machines (not the grocery store) "dial
into" the machines every night to determine how much money has been doled
out!

I've been wondering if the machines are on a bus or LAN or something and
just one machine gets dialed. (There's just one ISDN interface). Maybe it's
S/T, which is a bus.

Every so often we wonder why IPv6 has so many addresses. Well, when every
computer, phone, toaster, AND recycle machine has an IP address, we'll need
that many! ;-)

Priscilla

At 06:39 AM 6/23/02, Gaz wrote:
>Surely not.
>Is ISDN used so infrequently in the states now??
>It's still used widely in the UK at least. Can't believe they'd get rid of
>it yet.
>If there is truth in this rumour, I'd be amazed.
>

>Gaz
>
>""Terry Hines""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Has there been any indication as to the status of ISDN in the CCNP / IP
> > Tests. I have heard that ISDN is going away as the New NP tests are
> > introduced.
> >
> > Terry Hines
> > Principal Enterprise Architect
> > CompuTouch Data Solutions