If the intent is to route the packets to the external AS, then the eBGP
route would be the most favorable because more likely than not...eBGP is the
routing protocol between autonomous systems. In other words/for example...if
there is more than 1 route to 10.0.0.0/16, which is a network in an external
AS, then the eBGP route should be the prefered route ( since it is an
external AS ). If the network were in the same AS, then an IGP route should
be used but...it wouldn't be in the same AS if it was learned via eBGP. Am I
making sense? Someone please jump in or correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks...Dain.