I just setup a 3550 EMI using Layer 3 routing.  I have a customer that
installed a fiber optic ring to 12 locations around town.  One of their
4908's went down and I installed a 3550 EMI while the 4908 is being
repaired.  Different  subnets on each GBIC and VLAN, plugged it in and ran
perfectly.  Was even able to use an ip helper address so they could pick up
an IP address from their DHCP server.  Really impressed with the box.

At 6/25/2002 02:19 AM, Eric R reminisced:
>Just got a new 3550-EMI 24port.
>Check the sh ip portion. Yep, it's an IP router!
>Looks like this little bad boy could actually throw a rather large monkey
>wrech into the works.
>
>-Eric
>
>######################################################################
>
>3550-EMI#?
>Exec commands:
>   access-enable    Create a temporary Access-List entry
>   access-template  Create a temporary Access-List entry
>   archive          manage archive files
>   cd               Change current directory
>   clear            Reset functions
>   clock            Manage the system clock
>   cluster          cluster exec mode commands
>   configure        Enter configuration mode
>   connect          Open a terminal connection
>   copy             Copy from one file to another
>   debug            Debugging functions (see also 'undebug')
>   delete           Delete a file
>   dir              List files on a filesystem
>   disable          Turn off privileged commands
>   disconnect       Disconnect an existing network connection
>   dot1x            IEEE 801.1X commands
>   enable           Turn on privileged commands
>   erase            Erase a filesystem
>   exit             Exit from the EXEC
>   format           Format a filesystem
>   fsck             Fsck a filesystem
>   help             Description of the interactive help system
>   lock             Lock the terminal
>   login            Log in as a particular user
>   logout           Exit from the EXEC
>   mkdir            Create new directory
>   more             Display the contents of a file
>   mrinfo           Request neighbor and version information from a
multicast
>                    router
>   mrm              IP Multicast Routing Monitor Test
>   mstat            Show statistics after multiple multicast traceroutes
>   mtrace           Trace reverse multicast path from destination to source
>   name-connection  Name an existing network connection
>   no               Disable debugging functions
>   ping             Send echo messages
>   pwd              Display current working directory
>   rcommand         Run command on remote switch
>   reload           Halt and perform a cold restart
>   rename           Rename a file
>   resume           Resume an active network connection
>   rmdir            Remove existing directory
>   rsh              Execute a remote command
>   send             Send a message to other tty lines
>   setup            Run the SETUP command facility
>   show             Show running system information
>   systat           Display information about terminal lines
>   telnet           Open a telnet connection
>   terminal         Set terminal line parameters
>   test             Test subsystems, memory, and interfaces
>   traceroute       Trace route to destination
>   tunnel           Open a tunnel connection
>   udld             UDLD protocol commands
>   undebug          Disable debugging functions (see also 'debug')
>   verify           Verify a file
> [...]
* Robert T. Repko - R Squared Consultants       |    Voice: (610)
253-2849    *
* Serving the Computing World for 20 years      |      Fax: (610)
253-0725    *
* NT/UNIX/MAC Networking, Cisco Routers/Switches| Internet:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  *
* Custom Programming                            |  Address: 4 Juniper
Ave.    *
* NJDOE Provider ID#: 763 | SPIN: 143010681     |           Easton, PA
18045  *