If you do a "show boot" is there any value for the BOOTLDR variable - on
either the questionable router or the others? My guess is that you have a
"boot bootldr filename" line in your config for those that show a boot
image. Second guess is that the questionable router doesn't have any
bootflash.
Please post your solution to the list.