answers in line

""Jerry Yu""  wrote in message
> I just failed the 305-001, but I remember the following tricky questions.
> pls. offer your opinion or answers to them.
>

> thanks.
>
> jyu
>

> 1)
> A network administrator is using debug commands to check the performance
of
> a network. What steps can the administrator take to ensure that the
"debug"
> will not require too much CPU, or at least that she will not have to
reboot
> the router to disable debug?
> (mulitple answer)
> A. Make the debug command as specific as possible
> B. Use the max-time parameter of the debug command
> C. In configuration mode, enter 'scheduler interval 15'
> D. Configure a loopback to channel debug traffic

E: buy bigger faster high end routers for your network.
F: don't bother wirth the debugs at all. buy gigbit switches and give your
users all the bandwidth they want and need!

> 2) NETBEUI is:
> A. A routable protocol
> B. A non-routable protocol designed for small networks
> C. A routing protocol designed for large networks
> D. A data-link layer protocol

E. a very poor joke

> 3)In a Distance Vector protocol, "counting to infinity":
> A. Calculates the time tacken for a protocol to converge
> B. Checks to make sure the number of route entries do not exceed a set
upper
> limit
> C. Counts the packets dropped during a routing loop
> D. Sets an upper limit for hop count, so that routing loops can be broken
if
> this limit is reached

E. takes a VERY long time

> 4)A network contains 2000 IPX services. Remote sites connected via 56 Kbps
> lines intermittently lose the ability to logon to some NetWare servers.
The
> problem may be fixed by:
> A. Filtering SAPs at the remote routers
> B. Filtering SAPs at the central router
> C. Filtering SAP type 4
> D. Configuring "ipx maximum-paths 2" at the central router

E. stop being a cheapskate and spring for some real network bandwidth. 56K.
sheesh!

> 5) In FDDI, the characteristics of "4B/5B Encoding" include: (multiple
> answer)
> A. Sending 4 bits of information using a 5 bit symbol
> B. Increasing the clock rate of the transmitter and receiver to 125 Mhz,
> which establishes an effective data rate of 100Mbps
> C. Increasing the distance between two FDDI stations to more than 2km,
when
> using multimode fiber
> D. Providing a workaround for the Optical Bypass Relay

e. who cares about FDDI. Rip it out and replace it with GigE

> 6)The purpose of "Fast Link Pulse[FLP]" signals is:
> A. To identify link quality and shutdown the Ethernet port of the computer
> if the quality of a link is poor
> B. To indicate that collisions has occurred in the Ethernet segment - this
> is also known as a 'jam' signal
> C. To auto-negotiate the capabilities of Fast Ethernet devices connecting
> via 100BaseT technology
> D. To support the proprietary implementation of Gigabit Ethernet of some
> vendors

E. to provide the means of asking questions that help you realize how dumb
you really are, no matter how much you have studied!