Ed

What Routing protocol are you using?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 25 June 2002 08:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IGRP Routes - Classless Networks with Tunnels [7:47415]

How feasible is this, and has anyone tried it?

R1 is connected to R2... in my case, it is an Ethernet link.
The link is on the 172.16.64.0 network with a 24 bit mask.

R1 has several subnets in the 172.16 major network, but with different
masks.  In my case, 24,  28 and 29 bit masks.

R2 sees all of the networks with the 24 bit masks, but drops the
networks
with the odd masks.    Basic classfull rules observed.

The goal it to get the 28 and 29 bit masks to R2 WITHOUT the use of
SUMMARIZATION.

If I create a tunnel between R1 and R2 with a subnet of 172.16.81.0 29
bit
mask.... the networks with the 29 bit masks show on R2.

As soon as I create the second tunnel to take care of the 28 bit masks,
the
/29 routes disappear and the /28 doesn't make it.

On R2, I am making the tunnels passive to prevent loops.

Shouldn't this work?  Am I missing something.
Again, the goal is to get the networks with the specified subnet to
appear
on R2  without summarization. Comments are appreciated.

Ed