Cisco Breaker wrote:
> If  I connect a server to a swtich full duplex then if only one
> client
> connected with its gig eth card, he can't use 2 gigs. I think
> they are
> writing these manuals incorrectly. Cause you can use 1 gig for
> sending 1 gig
> for receiving. Not 2 gigs sending and receiving.

I wouldn't say they're writing the manuals incorrectly.  If anything, I
think they've made it clear that you have the rated bandwidth of the link
available in each direction.

> If you say to
> a customer
> that with gig ether channel they can reach up to 8 gigs on 6500
> swithes he
> will obviously thinks that he can send 8 gig and receive 8 gig
> not 4 gig RX
> for gig TX.

If you say to a customer that with did etherchannel they can reach up to 8
gigs in each direction, then you would be at fault for misrepresenting the
technology.  If you say that you can reach 8 gigs in total bandwidth, then
that would be a true statement.  But as the other person said, people that
use this everyday know what it means, and it's up to us to make sure the
customer knows what it means.

Mike W.