Your questions are difficult to answer.  But I will try anyway

""YASSER ALY""  wrote in message
> Hi there (My first contribution in this list)
>
> Anybody here is preparing for the Communications & Services ?
> I have some questions that I would appreciate receiving an answer for
>
> 1) Do you consider the Communications & Services harder and more
recognized
> that the Routing & Switching or not ?

I don't know if C/S is harder but it is definitely less recognized, simply
because it's so new.  Most people will have never heard of it and will just
assume you're talking about the R/S.     Recognition takes time, and the C/S
hasn't been around for very long.

> 2) Will the equipment list be common for both exams ? If so, will the
> changes that will be active the 4th of November reflect on the
> Communications & Services also ?

Yes, yes.   But the technologies tested are totally different.  You can look
at the Cisco website for more info.

> 3)I noticed that there are many versions on the qualification exam for the
> Communications & Services, how can this be true while there is only one
> standard lab exam ?

This is a question that has been asked many times by many people, including
myself.  It is such a common question that Cisco even decided to address it
here:

"Some CCIE candidates have asked why is there not a separate CCIE lab for
each specialty (Optical, Cable, Dial, WAN Switching, DSL, Content
Networking, Wireless, and Voice). The IE in CCIE stands for Internetwork
Expert. An Internetwork Expert is an individual who has demonstrated expert
level knowledge in the areas of IP and IP Routing (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP,
IGRP, and RIP) and layer two technologies such as ATM and Frame Relay,
Switching, Quality of Service, Multicast, and ISDN. In addition MPLS,
MPLS/VPNs, and traffic engineering are components of the Communications and
Services CCIE track.
These are the elements of the General Knowledge component of every CCIE
Communications and Services written qualification exam. The Communications
and Services exam also requires expert level knowledge in one specialty area
(Optical, Cable, Dial, WAN Switching, DSL, Content Networking, Wireless, or
Voice). Many elements of the specialty areas are design related and are
therefore difficult if not impossible to evaluate in a hands-on
implementation-oriented lab exam. For this reason the evaluation of the
specialty areas is evaluated by the written qualification exam and the
General Knowledge component is evaluated in every written qualification exam
and the lab exam."

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/certifications/services.html

So basically, while unusual, it is indeed true that there are multiple
writtens and one common lab, and the lab doesn't really have very much in
common with the written (you should carefully review the descriptions of
each written and of the lab to find out exactly what is tested on each).
Furthermore, there really is no such thing as a C/S "specialty" as others
have claimed.  For example, it doesn't matter which written you passed.  All
C/S CCIE's are equal in the eyes of Cisco.  There is no such thing as a
C/S-DSL or C/S-cable or C/S-optical.  There's only the C/S designation.

> 4) Is the blueprint for both exams the same or not ??

I assume you mean the written(s) and the lab.  Again, you should very
carefully review their descriptions.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/certifications/services.html#3

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/certifications/services.html#4

> 5) I checked the CCIE population over Cisco site and didn't see any clue
how
> many CCIE's in Routing & Switching, How many in Communications & Services,
> and how many for Security, any clues ?

The Cisco Forums discussed this recently.  Apparently there are about 16 C/S
CCIE's and about 40 Security CCIE's.  There are of course lots of the
'old-school' CCIE's like the ISP-Dial guys and the WAN-switching guys too.

> 6) Finally, if it you have the option & knowledge to go either for the
> Routing & Switching or the Communications & Services, which one would you
> prefer and why ?

Impossible to say.  This should depend on what kinds of technologies you
work with and where you want your career  to go.  R/S is
enterprise-oriented, and C/S is service-provider oriented.  All I can say is
that if you like service-provider stuff, then you should look at C/S. (Of
course, if you really really like service-provider stuff, there is another
cert you should be looking at that shall remain unnamed, but suffice it to
say that it is run by another vendor).

> I am totally confused and need your advice because I want to go for the
> Routing & Switching, while my company wants me to go for the
Communications
> & Services. Which one worth more in your openion ??

See above.  Neither one is inherently "worth more".  It is only the
combination of your skill set and what you like to do that makes one worth
more than the other.