We're evaluating SSL acceleration for our web servers and the product
currently up to bat is the Array 500TX.  With this device we can offload
the SSL processing from the origin servers.  However, while testing the
evaluation unit we're discovering that there's a lot more to this than
simply loading the certs and keys onto the box and turning it on.

For example, it may be that we have to rewrite portions of the code on
our site to make it compatible with this solution.  There are also
changes required on the web servers themselves to make them play nicely
with the Array box.

I'm wondering if any of you have implemented SSL accleration (with
anyone's product) and what gotchas you might have run into.  I'm almost
to the point of dropping the idea of SSL acceleration and simply
suggesting that we add more servers!  :-)  That's by far the simplest
solution and doesn't require any changes to our existing code or
configurations.  We simply plug the server into our existing load
balancing switch and, with a small tweak of that config, we're off and
running.

Any thoughts?

John