From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Dennis Laganiere
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 6:32 PM
To: Dennis Laganiere
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: 802.11a

Several people sent me some excellent links.  Thank you all...

Here's what I ended up with...

Cisco - The Aironet 1200 access point can be configured to support any
of
the standards, but they only have 802.11b available right now.
NetGear - They have 802.11b and 802.11a access points, but nothing that
will
do both, which means losing all my current investment in NICs.
D-Link - They have an access point that does both.

I went ahead and ordered the D-link access point and a couple of NICs so
could start to play right away; and I'll "upgrade" to the Cisco unit
once
they have a real product offering...

Thanks all, you guys are great...

By the way, if there are any Cisco people on the list who would like to
put
me on a beta list, I'm open to it... :)

--- Dennis