From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Henry Chou
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 8:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: 802.11a

IMHO, 2.4GHz frequency is a relatively "congested" RF band, and the most you
can only have is 3 non-overlapping channels, and that will be a limiting
factor in an enterprise environment regardless b or g.  My Panasonic 2.4GHz
cordless phone, my home theatre wireless control, my microwave oven...  all
compete for the 2.4GHz range.

802.11a uses 5.4GHz RF, UNII-1 and UNII-2 offer 8 non-overlapping channels
and the air is relatively "quiet" compared to the 2.4GHz band.  In 2-3
years, maybe there will be many devices running in this frequency range,...
who knows.  So, I still believe .11a will have its advantage over b and g.

Henryh