Historically, T1 and E1 are different from HDSL. However, they now use
HDSL in the US to provide 24-channel circuits on a single pair of
copper, as compared to the two pairs used for the traditional T1. I
wouldn't be surprised if a similar situation occurs with HDSL and E1.
Unfortunately, it's been four years since I worked with loop
technologies, so I can't guarantee accuracy. Anyone else out there
who's currently supporting HDSL?

-- TT

Mark Odette II wrote:

> Ashir, I could be wrong, but I think an E1 circuit and an HDSL circuit
> are two different things!
[snip]