>Hi,
>
>Can some tell me what is conditional label advertisement with resect >to
>mpls and when it can be used

Configuring Conditional label advertisment is considered to be an optional
step in MPLS configuration procedure.

By default, a router will generate and propagate labels for all networks
that it has in the routing table. If only label switching for a limited
number of networks is required (for example, only for router loopback
addresses), configure the conditional label advertising.

By default, labels for all destinations are announced to all LDP/TDP
neighbors.Conditional label advertisment enables you to selectively
advertise some labels to some LDP/TDP neighbors. Note that it can work only
over frame-mode interfaces.

You can use it doing the following

router(config)#tag-switching advertise-tags for net-acl [ to tdp-acl ]

Where as:

Net-ACL  the IP ACL that selects the destinations for
which the labels will be generated.

TDP-ACL  the IP ACL that selects the TDP neighbors
that will receive the labels.

>can someone explain the significance of down bit with respect to ospf

Down bit is a mechanism that was introduced to prevent route redistribution
loops between OSPF running between PE- and CE-routers and multi-protocol BGP
running between PE-routers

Down bit is an additional bit that has been introduced in the Options field
of the OSPF LSA header. PE-routers set the Down bit when
redistributing routes from MP-BGP into OSPF. PE-routers never redistribute
OSPF routes with Down bit set into MP-BGP.

The PE-router that redistributes the MP-BGP route as OSPF route into the
OSPF topology database sets the down bit. Other PE-routers use the down bit
to prevent this route from being redistributed back into MP-BGP.

>maximum how many ospf process can I run on a PE router

32 ( This number is not scalable at all with expected many VRFs configured
on the PE router). In general it is not recommended to use OSPF as a routing
protocol between the PE & CE because of the limitations that should be taken
care of.

Hope this helps

Yasser