just did some looking around on CCO. checking the current state of the art
for IOS images for the 25xx routers we all know and love so dearly.

it's looking like the images are getting so bloated that pretty soon they
will exceed the physical limits of the router flash and dram.

this could be disastrous to all us lab rats ;->

of course, the images would be MUCH smaller if Cisco were to remove the code
for things like Apollo, Vines, DEC, IPX,  and IGRP...... :->  however, it is
probably not very easy to remove code, and why would they bother?

so at what point do all of us students get screwed -when the required images
become so large that the 25xx is no longer viable? images capable of running
BGP, EIGRP, ISIS, RIP, and DLSw+ seem to require an enterprise version. some
of those images are pushing up over 16 megs now. see what I mean?

BTW - anyone checked the auction prices for 25xx equipment lately? Token
ring stuff is going for well below 200. Even the ethernet stuff - 2501's and
2513's - seem to be going for less than 400. big change in the buyer's favor
in the last year or so.