[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Priscilla's answer is very true, but I have seen interfaces
> reporting
> one-way traffic greater than they should be able to transmit -
> for
> example, an ISDN B-channel reporting an output rate of 66
> kbps.  Not a
> pretty sight.
>
> While I didn't check it in detail, my assumption was that it
> was reporting
> the load the router was attempting to shove over the link - I
> don't think
> all that traffic was making it to the other end :-(

Were there also output drops? It seems like there would have to be.

Another thought is that it's just an average. There could be rounding
errors. Yeah, that's it, rounding errors. ;-)

Also, I've always wondered about CIRs and fractional interfaces. The router
doesn't know that it's not supposed to send above its interface type,
without some advanced configuration, does it?

Priscilla