Yes, 10ms is the target for sample interval for assessing voip and
real-time traffic.

No the RSVP value is independant of the FRTS values but YOU want to make
sure you have a match so you don't reserve more than you can provide or
under reserve for your requirements ;)

The golden formulae for FRTS is Tc=Bc/CIR
this gives 10msec = 8000 / 800000 for the CCO example

That gives time interval only, you then specify Be for that time interval
as well as the mincir you would adaptive shape down to.

RSVP is based on reserving a 'guaranteed' amount of bandwidth and in the
example an RSVP statement exists for each subinterface which the sum
appears on the physical interface.

You might also want to specify RSVP priority queue for voice.

Darren Ward
(PGradCS, CCIE #8245, CCNP, CCDP, MCP)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fqos_c/fqcprt5/qcfrsvfr.htm#xtocid20