This appears to be a code version issue. I have the same symptoms
on the 6509 running 5.5(3)CatOS while another 6509 running
6.3(5) CatOS is showing the neighors by their system names/hostnames.
Even though they're not running IOS I think it still relates.
It appears to be just a display/cosmetic issue. Or maybe they're trying
to force you to go for "detail" option and all the other good info :-)