G'Day all,

Studying for CCNP switching (early stages yet). My question is: (all in
theory)
At our core, I have a Cat 5509, configured as VTP Server for my-network. I
have 10 VLANS (192.168.x.0) for the various business units in my global
empire's Sydney office. From the core, I have 10 fibre connections to my
distribution layer, each consisting of a Catalyst 2948 (think its that
model) in their respective VLAN.  My question is around here.

>From here, can I use as the access point of my network, other lower end
catalyst switchs, and just plug them into their distribution points for each
VLAN at my Distribution layer,,,or does each access layer switch need to be
fully configured as a VTP client of my-network, also configuring VLAN
membership and appropriate links ?

Thanks all for your time. I hope I have not wasted to much of your time.

John
Sydney, Australia

visit http://www.solution6.com
visit http://www.eccountancy.com - everything for accountants.

UK Customers - http://www.solution6.co.uk

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is
confidential to Solution 6. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot
use, distribute or copy the message or attachments.  In such a case, please
notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the
message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of
Solution 6 are neither given nor endorsed by it.