Not the Dallas area.  The large telco's (Ericsson certainly) are still
cutting people.  I'm one of those CCNP's with 15+ years experience who
was out of work for 2 days short of 6 months thanks to Ericsson.  I
think we'll feel that financial pain for several years.  I had to move
back to California for a job.

I suspect there are jobs everywhere.  You just have to know people to
find them.  Keep up your peer-to-peer networking...  ;-)

Ken

>>> "Blitz"  07/12/02 06:29PM >>>
Hi All,

It's distressing to look at the current economy with waves of lay-offs

everywhere. I heard that people with 7-9 yrs of hands-on cisco
experience
+ CCNP + CCDP are not getting a job for 4-6 months ... lo and behold,
my
register can't sustain that longgg period of unemployment, let alone
earning figures suggested by TCPMAG.com recent survey.

So, if you only have 1 shot to relocate anywhere within the U.S for the

purpose of finding employment in networking line, which city/metro
would
you go? Anyone would like to throw in their two cents worth?