From: Chuck [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 4:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Off Topic - Whither IS-IS - Cisco's vision going forward [7:49057]

I have now seen and heard this from several sources within Cisco - IS-IS is
not being considered in the L3 switches other than those we would call
"core"

I.e. the 4cxxx and the 3550-xx L3 switches do not support IS-IS, nor are
there plans to do so on those boxes.

Recognizing that things can always change, I'm wondering what might be the
reason? Lack of customer interest? Recognition of IS-IS as a specialized
protocol less suitable for normal "enterprise" type stuff?

Chuck