Hey everyone,

I'm trying to configure lab #16 of the CCIE Practical Studies Vol. 1
book (Cisco Press).  I noticed that both of the routers configured for
ISDN backup are also configured as backup interfaces.  Now, I can't
recall exactly where it is at the moment, but I could have sworn that I
read in earlier chapters that "one should only configure a backup
interface at the remote site router."  If this is true, then why would
the configuration call for both routers to be configured for DDR?

What's more is when I tried to configure both routers, the call would
never establish, as the called router would keep its ISDN interface
inactive.  Only when I disabled the "backup" commands on the called
router, was the call able to be set up by the calling router.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this another one of Cisco's famous
"typos"?  I do admit that I've only just learned to configure my Teltone
switch to work with the routers, so I'm not sure I have it all correct.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks in advance!

Eddie

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Notebook.jpg]