From: Don Claybrook [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 3:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to keep multiple switch ports on the same VLAN from
[7:49410]

I have a customer who needs to have several ports on a 2924XL-EN in the same
VLAN.  The customer does not want these ports to be able to communicate with
one another, but would like all of them to be able to go to/through another
port.  E.g., ports 1 to 5 would be on VLAN 50, they'd all be able to access
port 6, on VLAN 60, but not each other.

I did find something on CCO about Private VLANs, but I see that the 2924 is
not on the list of hardware that supports PVLAN's.  Does anyone know of a
way
to accomplish this segregation within the same VLAN, short of PVLAN's?  Any
help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Don Claybrook