Here is a forwarded message from the VP of silverpop about the spam....

-----Original Message-----
From: George, Kevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 5:20 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Follow up on Vigilar complaint

Paul,

I have been following the Vigilar situation very closely and want to
take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matter to our
attention.  Likewise, we greatly appreciate your offer to post a
response from us to your list.

Silverpop (www.silverpop.com) is absolutely against SPAM.  We are a
member of the Coalition Against Unsolicited E-mail a.k.a. CAUCE
www.cauce.org and TRUSTe www.truste.org. Silverpop has a strict policy
against the use of our system for sending unsolicited emails.  We
require all clients to sign a formal agreement which includes our terms
of service which can be found on our website at
www.silverpop.com/company_legal_producttos.shtml.   All Silverpop
clients must agree they will adhere to our anti-spam provision of the
agreement by using only "opt-in" lists.  Additionally, our anti-spam
policy can also be found on our website at
www.silverpop.com/company_legal_spampolicy.shtml.

After investigation of this issue it was apparent that Vigilar did not
adhere to our anti-spam terms of service.  As such we immediately
contacted Vigilar and required they delete the list from our system and
desist from any further use of the list.  If we find reason to believe
Vigilar will not comply with our policy, we will ban them immediately
from using our product.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Kevin George