Peter,

> To me, its LANE all
> over again, ie lets take a scalable, robust, intelligent technology and
try
> and bridge with it.   As far as building MANs with Spanning Tree as your
> control protocol, I might suggest that it will give you a real headache
> from a scaling and provisioning standpoint.  You might want to find
someone
> who worked at Yipes to give you some ideas.

I agree that STP should not be beyond the campus, anything up from better be
ip based.
I think the original question was about how to separate vpns on lower end
devices,
either label or vlan tag, ie configuring l2vpn on many access level devices
vs. configuring vlans, I guess vlans are easy to configure and manage in
this case.
For our discussion, IMHO, LANE is too complicated for the subscribers and
l3vpn is not easy for the providers, l2vpn is, relatively speaking, simple
for both .

> I will say that I am fully behind replacing legacy frame/atm vpn networks
> with IP/MPLS networks in order to reduce the number of networks supported
> by a single provider.  There are definite efficiencies to be gained here.

I would like to know how people are using IP/MPLS network to integrate voice
and data?

Thanks
Kent

> At 08:12 PM 7/21/2002 +0000, bbfaye wrote:
> >we are handling a case of a MAN project now.
> >We plan to use mpls-l2 vpn to connect the business subscribers.That means
we
> >have to place some mpls-enabled machines on the access
nodes(expensive...).