I think a CCIE candidate should have some knowledge of the older stuff. The
knowledge needed isn't too deep at all. It's always good to have at least a
little knowledge of the more obscure subjects.
We;re doing a large TR migration at the moment, and it's not the only one
we've seen recently.

Hopefully the exam is a little harder. I think it was only intended in the
past to weed out the absolute no hopers before they block up lab slots, not
to be added to the signature blocks of blaggers as a qualification in its
self.

Although even if it's no harder, as long as people realise that it's not a
qualification, just a basic test to prove you might be worthy of starting
the long path to CCIE.

My two penneth.

Gaz