From: Chris Charlebois [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 2:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Hardware requirement for Cisco CallManager [7:50142]

CallManager 3.1 and higher is certified on Compaq DL320, DL380, and IBM
series 340, for sure.  I assume that DL360, also, although I have no
first-hand knowledge of that, and I beleive some HP server (I think even
Dell).  These are just the servers that are supported using the Sperion
Installation Utility for the OS.  In actualality, you can run an OS
patch on
any server running W2K Server and then install CallManager itself on
top.
The manufacturer isn't nearly as important as the performance.  That
being
said, I wouldn't install even a lab CallManager on anything less than
P3-700
with 512 memory.  Production *should* be over a gigahertz with a GB of
memory.  And I would recommend installing any other apps on the
CallManger
server, either.