There is a big differance between the supI, supII and supIII,  The
sup1 is for the 4003, the supII and III are for the 4006.  The supI and
II run CATOS whereas the supIII runs IOS like a 6500 in native mode.
The supIII has layer 3 capabilities, with a supII you require a seperate
card for layer 3.  supII has a forwarding rate of 18MPPS, supIII 48MPPS.

  One odd thing, Cisco is sooooo consistent, with the supIII ethernet
interfaces are switchports by default, a 6500 running native are routed
ports by default!!

  The supIII will be supporting IPX this fall but only process switching
so don't plan on running the supIII ipx in a larger ipx environment.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"