That would work if you have integrated CSU, the timeslots would be there.
If you connect say with V.35 to an external CSU/DSU then you won't get the
timeslot information. The only way to figure out the bandwidth then would be
to stress-test the circuit and see how far you can get the bandwidth
utilization
on this interface.

""Turpin, Mark""  wrote in message
> A show interface serial 'x'
> where x = the serial interface's number will tell you
> a couple things that are important.
>
> 1) the 5 minute load average for input/output
> 2) the timeslots used
>
> You can use the timeslots to determine the bandwidth
> that is technically available, and the load average
> to get an idea of what is currently being used.
>
> hth,
> -mark

Lets