Someone just asked me ISDN simulators, and told me that the price of the one
they were thinking of buying, an Emutel, had dropped 500 dollars.

I have a Teltone ISDN Demonstrator, and I like it fine, but I would look
into the Emutel if its price has fallen so much.  You don't need NT1s for
the one he is looking at.  The Emutel is British, I think, and the folks in
Europe don't use NT1s, I gather.  They get to connect to S/T interfaces, so
their ISDN simulators tend to use S/T interfaces.  The Emutel may have U
interfaces, too, for all I know, which would be good to have in case you get
routers that already have NT1s built in.