I am getting nipped by this today, and its more than just VPN that is
affected. Latest 12.2.8T5, too :-(

CSCdw84776

   When a customer edge (CE) router advertises a route that contains the
provider edge (PE)-CE
   link, the PE router fails to install this route to the virtual
private network routing/forwarding
   instance (VRF) because the route is already registered in the VRF as
a connected route. If the
   connected route is learned from the redistribution of connected
routes to the Border Gateway
   Protocol (BGP) through the external Border Gateway Protocol (eBGP),
the BGP on the PE
   router marks the route with Routing Information Base (RIB) failure
and prevents the route from
   being advertised to other peer internal Border Gateway Protocol
(iBGP) PE routers. This
   behavior causes a loss of connectivity from the local connected route
to the remote sites.

   Workaround: Source the route on the PE router. Do not allow the CE
router to advertise the
   route that connects the PE and the CE routers. This condition does
not occur if eBGP is not
   configured between the CE and PE routers and if a routing protocol
such as the VRF, Interior
   Gateway Protocol (IGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), or Routing
Information Protocol
   (RIP) is used.
--
Neal Rauhauser CCNP, CCDP                       voice: 402-301-9555
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     fcc  : k0bsd