I am trying to lab up a scenario where I can load balance/share across two
routers (for redundancy) connected into an MPLS cloud. Additionally, I have
HSRP running between the two (I don't want to use MHSRP because I don't want
two gateways on the LAN). There is a direct connection between the routers.

I know I can use statics, however I want all traffic to be able to failover
to the remaining link if one goes down, instead of being being blackholed.

    Router 1-------Router 2
     active        standby

I have tried with EIGRP, however I was having trouble with getting a default
route injected in (without using statics). Is there any way to do this?