Hello,

I have two 2503 routers connecting together via ISDN through a Teltone
ILS-2000.

I *believe* that the ILS is configured correctly, as well as my SPIDs
and DNs on my routers.  I set the "backup interface BRI0" on the calling
router, and it's verified in standby mode (sh ip int brie).  I tear down
the s0 interface (frame relay) and the call comes up, no problem.  OSPF
reconverges, and I receive the routes through the ISDN connection.

Now, the weird thing (if it's considered that), is that the called
router CANNOT have the backup interface command.  Because if it does,
the call NEVER comes up.  Once I take out that statement, however, the
call comes up immediately.

Now, I guess my question/issue is: can't the called router be in "backup
interface" mode as well as the calling router?  I seem to have run
across many lab situations where both sides needed to be able to
initiate the call, but I can't seem to get it to work that way (case in
point: Solie's CCIE Practical Labs I).

I've been busting my brain trying to figure this out.  I *may* have my
Teltone configured wrong, but I don't think so.  It could also be my
ISDN spids, etc, but if the call comes up and the link establishes up to
layer 3, doesn't that prove that all those configurations are correct?
And that there is some issue about the backup interface commands?

I can't seem to find anything on CCO regarding having both routers
configured for DDR or not...Someone, please shed some light on this
situation.

thanks,

Eddie

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Notebook.jpg]