From: Neal Rauhauser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 11:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Pix logging to a Freebsd syslog server [7:51124]

The Cisco logging facility on a router uses a random high port as the
source for the syslog packets. I assume the PIX is the same since you're
having trouble. The FreeBSD syslogd expects the packets to be sourced
from port 514. You can try the flag that supposedly allows syslogd to
take random source ports, but it doesn't work :-(

  I'd strongly suggest you do what I did - just modify the syslogd
source so it doesn't check source port, compile it, then install.

  If that is beyond your C programming skills drop me a note and I can
email you the bungholed syslogd.c file and you can take it from there.

--
Neal Rauhauser CCNP, CCDP                       voice: 402-301-9555
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     fcc  : k0bsd