Hi all,

I've worked with several of the Dell PowerConnect switches, a few of my
customers chose to purchase them because of the attractive price, after
all it is an access switch (the 2124's) I don't have much to say other
than that I havn't run into any issues, they have a slick web interface
(which doesn't excite me but the IT manager-types seem to like the
swizzy pointy clicky foo) and they perform well, but of course it's
no Cisco. In all fairness I'd have to say that they are excellent for what
they are, cheap access switches. I work with Cisco, Extreme, and Foundry
switches on a daily basis so all I really care about is my distro / core
layers and I'm not aware of anything comparable to the Dell at that price
point (except mebbe netgear, and they aren't fully manageable to my
knowledge)
One of these days I will crack the cover and see what's under the hood,
and put some in-house switch slamming tools to task and see how it
compares to a cat. 2924XL, but again, it's a cheap access switch so I
personally refrain from knocking on them too hard. Enjoy the weekend all

on a completely different tangent - if anyone out there has worked with
the Cricket stats package you might appreciate the cool foo my co-worker
came up with at http://stats.sonic.net/cricket

(this time I'm really off to lunch)

   -zeke

 On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Gaz wrote:

> I think it was humo(u)r John. I'm an eternal infant and appreciate the poor
> humo(u)r as much as the serious replies.
> Have a beer  Have a 'Chuck'le.:-)
>
> Sorry, not seen much of Dell switches, but no doubt if you get enough
> sarcastic infantile replies it will keep the thread alive to be read by
> someone who has.
>
> Good luck
>
> Gaz
>

> ""John Chang""  wrote in message
> > This is not intended to offend anyone:  Just thought professionals could
> be
> > just that and wanted an objective answer if you had used a Dell managed
> > switch.  Thank you.
> >

> > At 01:07 AM 8/9/2002 +0000, Chuck wrote:
> > >The Dell switch product line is the spawn of the underworld. Using Dell
> > >switches will cause your teeth to fall out and hair to grow on your
> palms.
> > >Dell switches will make your food taste like dust and your water taste
> like
> > >vinegar. Don't even ask what happens to your packets as they cross a
Dell