Chuck's Long Road wrote:

> CL: which reminds me, Cil, you got my blood pressure up quite a
> few points
> when you state on page 205 that one can do VMPS with a simple
> TFTP server. I
> had thought that VMPS would be one topic that I could count on
> as being
> absent from the new CCIE Lab. Rats! Now I have to worry about
> it. :-O
>
> CL: got any sources for how to do so? CCO seems to indicate you
> need high
> end Cat switches as actual servers, although the servers
> themselves get the
> config info from an external TFTP server. Of course, Cisco has
> obvious
> reasons for saying so!!! :->

It sounds like I misspoke (miswrote actually). As far as I know the VMPS
database (an ASCII text file) is on a TFTP server. The switches acting as
VMPS servers download that from the TFTP server. The switches acting as
clients talk to the VMPS server, not the TFTP server.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Priscilla

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471210137/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/002-3394114