Tom Scott wrote:

> Peter Walker : [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], TISCA wrote:
>
> > The IP Quality of Service book is not sufficient
> > for this exam. DQOS is not just about QOS, but
> > also about the tools available for deploying it.
> > Have a good reread of the Blueprint for the exam
> > (and preferably more than a few days before the
> > exam - like I did). The information you need to
> > know is all available on CCO (Tutorials, overviews,
> > demos of the tools), but you have to do some
> > searching.
>
> Good advice. If you have a list of the URLs, please post. I'll also post
in a
> couple of days (this weekend) after I look aroudn.

Sorry, but since taking the exam I have moved from the US to the UK, and
my usual PC is (hopefully) on a ship somewhere between california and
the UK.

> Regarding the tools, I saw this list on the DQOS Blueprint:
>
> * QoS Device Manager
> * QoS Policy Manager
> * Cisco Service Assurance Agent
> * IPM
> * SMS

That sounds about right.

> Are there others you'd recommend?

I dont recall any others.

> One more question (probably should start a new thread but what the heck):
> Have you or anyone else "turned the corner" from IP telephony to full-blown
> multimedia / multiservice or even just to videoconferencing? What does it
> take
> to add even just one more service, specifically videoconferencing, to one's
> bag
> of skills after learning CIPT, CVOICE and DQOS material? And the big
> question,
> Are the tools and application endsystems for video going to be expensive?

No I havent.  I occasionally look to see if the C&S (Voice) CCIE
blueprint is published as I might take a shot at that when it is, but
other than that I will be concentrating on my CCIE (security) lab study
once my lab stuff arrives here and I figure out how to afford an attempt
at the lab ($1500 is a lot of money when you are unemployed - actually
it is a lot of money when you are employed). I hope to find an employer
that will pay for the lab exam, but we will have to wait and see.

Regards

        Peter