In article , [EMAIL PROTECTED]
says...
> Hi,
>
> In a Stataful configuration, and two PIX are interconnected via a
> dedicated Failover Fastethernet, in case of the Active unit's Internal
> interface fails, is there any method to shift traffic to the Standby
> unit's Internal interface to maintain connectivity, thanks.
>
> Leo
> Best Regards.
Not sure what you mean there. That's what failover does unless I'm
misunderstanding your question.

You configure the main IP address for the interface and you configure a
failover address. If the Pix's decide that the active one has a problem
(power,interface down etc) the secondary pix takes over the main IP
address.
If the primary is still contactable it will have the failover IP address
on its inside interface.

That's why it's safe to telnet to the main IP address and you know that
you're on the active Pix, but by console you need to do a show fail to
make sure the device you're on is primary active or secondary active
before you make changes.

Regards,

Gaz