John,

You can start by copying your new CatOS into flash.  This process will not
interrupt the operation of the switch.  After copying, just be sure to
change the "set boot system flash....." statement to reflect the new CatOS
file name.  Once it's done, just reboot the switch whenever you have an
opportunity to.  A CAT6 switch would generally take about 5 to 10 mins to
boot.  Good Luck!

Note:  A switch reload is inevitable.  However, the new CatOS would get
copied to the secondary Sup automatically.

K.T.