Hello group,

Interior Gateway Protocols (IGP) are used to exchange routing information
with routers in the same autonomous system. Examples are OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP,
RIP (right ?).

Exterior Gateway Protocols (EGP) are used to communicate between ASes.
Example will be BGP (right ?).

The reason I am confused is because of iBGP, eBGP and also external EIGRP.
Now I am quoting from Sybex "The internal Border Gateway Protocols used by
routers that all belong to the same AS. So where does iBGP fits in. Is it an
IGP or EGP? Similarly what is external EIGRP? Even an important question
will be; in real life where would one like to use iBGP

Could some body point me to an online resource for BGP that is easy to
follow. I am having hard time understanding chapters 8 and 9 in Sybex
Routing Study Guide.

Kindest Regards,

Ather Iqbal

.   This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
.   intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
.   they are addressed.
.   If you have received this email in error please notify the
.   originator of the messageand the system manager at
.   [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete the material from your computer.

.   This footer also confirms that this
.   email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

.    Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
.    sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
.    states them to be the views of Pharmaceutical Solutions Industry.

7     Finally, the recipient should double  check this email and any
7     attachments for the presence of any viruses.
7     Pharmaceutical Solutions Industry  accepts no liability
.     for any damage caused  by any virus / error transmitted by this
email."