""Johnzaggat""  wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am basically trying to do following from cat 5000 but instead do it on
> 3550: Can any one tell me what would be equavalent commands:
>
> set int sc0 3 155.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

CL: there is no sc0 on the 3550 thank goodness. the whole sc thing was/is
incomprehensible to me.

int vlan 1  ( or whichever is your management vlan
ip address 155.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

> set ip route default 155.1.1.2

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 155.1.1.2

( have to enable ip routing by using the global config command "ip
routing" )

> How would you accomplish the same for vlan 3 in cat 3550

int vlan 3
ip address etc

> Also if I want to access telnet access from host 155.1.1.3 only how would
> accomplish that on a 3550.

CL: I give up. how would you do it with a router? :->

> thanks a lot,
> JZ

CL: keep an eye out for some worthwhile sytudy materials regarding the 3550,
if I do say so myself ;->