I have no logical explanation for removing route-cache. I suggested the idea
due to my live network having a very similar setup to your V-lab, but not
experincing the same symptoms (IOS are different though…). I can’t do any
changes to my config, as it’s for a bank.  The  “no ip route-cache” field is
the only major difference in my config to yours.

I did stumble across an IOS bug with similar symptoms but using policy
routing on a 4500 (CSCdm35561). I can’t see it having any direct relevance
though.........

raj