I have been having a recurring problem in the past 2
weeks (usually daily) which is solved by power cycling
my Motorola Surfboard 4100 cable modem.  I'm using a
PIX 520 firewall with the attached config.

When the problem occurs, the cable modem's LED's
appear normal.  And Comcast is able to ping the cable
modem's management address, but they don't have the
skills to do further testing (and won't escalate it to
a more technical person).  The ethernet side of the
cable modem appears to hang.  The pix shows the
connection is still up and I have link lights, but it
stops passing traffic.  When I power cycle the modem,
the problem clears instantly.

Comcast blames Motorola, Motorola blames Comcast, and
when I tell them I have a PIX, they both blame Cisco.
I don't beleive the problem to be related to my PIX,
but I figured I'd see if anyone on this list has had a
similar problem.  In the meantime, I am running w/o
the PIX just to narrow down the possibilities.  Please
help if you can.

Thanks,

Mike

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com
PIX Version 6.1(3)
nameif ethernet0 outside security0
nameif ethernet1 inside security100
nameif ethernet2 intf2 security10
enable password  encrypted
passwd  encrypted
hostname pixfirewall
fixup protocol ftp 21
fixup protocol http 80
fixup protocol h323 1720
fixup protocol rsh 514
fixup protocol rtsp 554
fixup protocol smtp 25
fixup protocol sqlnet 1521
fixup protocol sip 5060
fixup protocol skinny 2000
names
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq
access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq
pager lines 24
logging on
logging buffered debugging
interface ethernet0 100full
interface ethernet1 10baset
interface ethernet2 auto shutdown
mtu outside 1500
mtu inside 1500
mtu intf2 1500
ip address outside dhcp setroute
ip address inside 172.16.0.1 255.255.255.0
ip address intf2 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255
ip audit info action alarm
ip audit attack action alarm
no failover
failover timeout 0:00:00
failover poll 15
failover ip address outside 0.0.0.0
failover ip address inside 0.0.0.0
failover ip address intf2 0.0.0.0
pdm history enable
arp timeout 14400
global (outside) 1 interface
nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0
static (inside,outside) tcp interface  172.16.0.2 telnet netmask
255.255.255.255 0 0
static (inside,outside) tcp interface  172.16.0.254 ftp netmask
255.255.255.255 0 0
static (inside,outside) tcp interface  172.16.0.254 59 netmask
255.255.255.255 0 0
static (inside,outside) tcp interface  172.16.0.254 ident netmask
255.255.255.255 0 0
access-group 101 in interface outside
timeout xlate 3:00:00
timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 rpc 0:10:00 h323
0:05:00 sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00
timeout uauth 0:05:00 absolute
aaa-server TACACS+ protocol tacacs+
aaa-server RADIUS protocol radius