I definitely agree on the difficulty of this new exam. I have spoken to a
number of people that have taken the new CCIE Written exam and they have all
failed miserably. And I mean miserably. Apparently, the scoring is now
different. It's not a straight 70% passing score anymore. For example, one
guy I talked to said the passing score for his exam was 105 and he got a 33!

Shawn K.