Though I'm not sure how the nonsensical static route would alleviate
the need for a secondary the secondary interface shouldn't be much of an
issue.  Of coarse I'm assuming your not adding a secondary network with
500 hosts.

  "ip route-cache same-interface" is useful if routing between the
primary and secondary interface/s.

  Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston
Churchill